Thank you for your interest in Snowy Wings Publishing! We are currently closed to unsolicited submissions. Submissions will open August 15, 2018 and will remain open through August 31, 2018. If you are looking for an independent, team-oriented and author-driven publisher, SWP might be the publisher for you! To help you prepare, our submissions guidelines can be found below.
Submission Guidelines for 2018
Snowy Wings Publishing will be opening for submissions for a two-week period starting August 15, 2018. We are seeking Young Adult, Middle Grade and New Adult titles of any genre, from speculative fiction to contemporary romance, preferably novels of 50,000-110,000 words. Serialized novellas (20,000-49,000 words in length) may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Shorter works, including stand-alone novellas, will not be considered. We are not looking for books of poetry or novels written in verse at this time.
Previously published books will be considered, though we do prefer that you are also launching new titles with us as well! Incomplete series would be good candidates for re-publication. If you were previously published through a publishing house (as opposed to self-published), make sure you have the full rights to your book and series before querying!
Why Snowy Wings?
- Keep your rights and 100% of your royalties and maintain creative control of your book
- Become part of a family of knowledgeable authors who are committed to helping each other succeed through every step of the indie publishing process
- Access parts of the market more difficult to reach when self-publishing on your own, such as schools and libraries via our distribution deal with Brodart Books
Before You Query…
Not sure what a co-op publisher is? Please read through our informational post about indie publishing and how co-op publishing works, to make sure this model is right for you! You can also learn more about us and our model here. Just remember: Snowy Wings Publishing is self-publishing with a group.
Please note that Snowy Wings Publishing is a member of the IBPA and that we adhere to the IBPA’s guidelines for hybrid publishers. One of our membership requirements is that the book must be edited by an approved professional editor and have a professional cover design commissioned. Please ensure that your publishing goals as an indie author include the necessary budget to adhere to these standards.
How to Submit
If you think Snowy Wings Publishing might be a good fit for your next project, we’d love to hear from you! Our submissions form will open August 15, 2018. We’re looking for the following information:
- A short letter of introduction: Are you a traditionally-published author looking to branch into indie? A seasoned indie veteran looking to join a team? Or a new author looking to self-publish your debut novel? Let us know who you are and why you think SWP might be a good home for your book!
- A query letter and full synopsis for your project: Tell us about the book you’re hoping to publish, including a full synopsis. Please note that a synopsis is different than the sort of blurb you would find on the back of a book or on a retail listing. We want full details for the entire book, from beginning to end. For advice on how to write the kind of synopsis we’re looking for, please check out Awnna Marie Evans’ tips for querying.
- The first 3-5 chapters of your project: Roughly 15,000 words/25 single-spaced pages or so. Please make sure it’s polished to the best of your ability.